After an important investigation, searching on the web, asking people who know a lot about the
original Uni-Vibes from the 60´s and 70´s, I found that there were different Uni-Vibes from
1968 to 1974, which have some “errors” compared to the original Honey Uni-Vibe from early 1968
and the 1974 Shin-ei version: Capacitors, Photocells, Lamp Bulbs, Resistors and Capacitors
values where not always the same.
Now Sabbadius introduces the very rare version of the Uni-Vibe called Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST
According to some Uni-Vibe experts, this Uni-Vibe version is possibly the one Jimi Hendrix used
in 1969 and 1970, whereas others said that Jimi used a 1968 Uni-Vibe in the United States and a
1969 version in Europe. The thing is that if you pay attention to the sound from the same song
played in the U.S.A and compare it to the one played in Europe, including England, you will
notice that the Throb of the Vibe and the effect’s "wave sound" do not evoke the same "Chewy"
sound we might find in Jimi’s performances. Now I found that the Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Funky-
Vibe Version captures that “CHEWY” SOUND similar to the 69 & 70 Uni-Vibe version.
The Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST 2020 Funky-Vibe Version is a S P E C I A L E D I T I O N.
. The transistors used here are the Matsushita 2sC828 for signal path and 2sC539 for the Pre-Amp
section like in the original Uni-Vibe. The pedal features 3 knobs, which set VOLUME, INTENSITY,
and SPEED. It has a 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output conection for an expression pedal allowing you to
control the speed with your foot (Expression Pedal NOT included). It also features 2
footswitches: one of them activates the effect for True Bypass, the other one switch is the
CANCEL function that allows you to use the pedal as a Pre-Amp or the original Uni-Vibe effect
sound this means that you turn off the lamp bulb keeping a high impedance in the photocells that
gives to the sound a wonderful Pre-Amp like Original Uni-Vibe's did in the foot control pedal
with the tact switch. It has a hand painted soft switch with airbrush and enamel paint lacquered
with gloss lacquer for a longer duration of the painting. RED/WHITE soft Rocker Switch that you
set the mode´s in RED POSITION DOWN activates the "CHORUS" MODE and when the WHITE POSITION IS
DOWN you are in "VIBRATO" MODE.
SABBADIUS provides an original 14 Vac ~ 200mA transformer inside the enclosure like the Original
Uni-Vibe has and the cable cord from the unit to the wall.
The transformer can be a 100Vac, 120Vac, 127Vac, 220Vac, 230Vac and 240Vac for INPUT and for
OUTPUT: 14 Vac ~ 200mA
The pedal will be shipped with the correct transformer to the country that places the order, for
example, if you are from AUSTRALIA you will receive a Funky-Vibe 2019 with a transformer inside
of 240Vac INPUT, if you are from United States you will receive an inside transformer of 120Vac
and the correct cable wire with parallel leads for the wall.
The pedal has a Fuse socket with a fuse inside that is there to protect the circuit in case
there is an overload on the voltage. The unit comes with one fuse inside and one outside as a
* Red LED that pulse in the same way the Lamp Bulb interact inside the unit so you can “see the
SPEED” of the effect.
* Volume: sets the output volume.
* Speed: sets the effect's speed in either mode.
* Intensity: sets the effect's intensity or depth.
* CHORUS - VIBRATO Mode ROCKER SWITCH: sets whether Chorus mode or Vibrato mode is activated.
* CANCEL Footswitch: activates the lamp Bulb to swirl the effect or turn off the lamp to use as
a Pre-Amp like original Uni-Vibe's does.
* Expression pedal jack: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Amphenol) for an expression pedal,
allowing to control the effect's speed with your foot (EXPRESSION PEDAL NOT INCLUDED)
* POWER SW. ON/OFF: Allows the current to flow into the circuit.
* TRUE BYPASS: Premium quality 3PDT True Bypass footswitch to turn the effect ON/OFF.
* INSTRUMENT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) input jack (Neutrik) for instruments.
* OUTPUT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Neutrik) for amplifiers or other effects.
* INPUT: 100, 120, 127, 220, 230, OR 240Vac or Custom Made Transformer/ OUTPUT: 14Vac ~ 200mA
* Soft Rocker Switch RED / WHITE: Hand painted with airbrush and lacquered with enamel paint
with a glossy finish.
* Fuse socket with a fuse inside that is there to protect the circuit in case there is an
overload on the voltage. The unit comes with 2 Fuses, one fuse inside the socket and one outside
as a backup.
* 100% Hand Wired & Hand Weldings.
* 100% analog circuit.Material: Aluminium enclosure.Size: Length 182mm x Width 115mm x Height
60mm.Weight: 925grs. Aprox.