You asked for a red one, and we listened! This Limited Edition batch of Red Geckoplex EP-5 Version 2’s has landed just in time for the holidays. These are a luscious, deep red wrinkle coat, with a very subtle touch of fine shimmering metallic flake that sparkles slightly in bright light.
Each one has “Limited Edition” printed on the back. Aside from the special finish and printing, they are functionally identical to the normal Version 2 units here:
Only a small limited batch was built, so get one while they last!
Meet the Geckoplex, the no-expense-spared result of over 10 years in pursuit of our own dream delay pedal. Inspired by 1960-1970’s era tape delays, but with some more modern digital features added in, the Geckoplex EP-5 is about as close as possible to having an actual tape delay unit on your pedalboard. It is full-featured and versatile, handling anything from a simple slap-back, to creating dreamy, spacious science-fiction soundscapes that combine reverb with nearly endless, twisted, wavering echoes. Pair it with an expression pedal for hands-free control of any set of controls over any range in real-time.
Mount it on your pedalboard, or put it on top of your amp stack for some hands-on action instead. However you decide to use it, it has your delay needs covered, and is solidly hand-built to last a very long time.
Each Geckoplex is hand-crafted in small batches with genuine, quality components and individually hand-numbered. Absolutely everything, including circuit board assembly, machining, powder coating, screen printing, assembly, and testing, is done in-house right here in Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.
This pedal uses a 1/8″ TRS MIDI cable format.
New Version 2 Features include:
Full MIDI control, with up to 64 MIDI accessible presets, clock sync, and clock master mode.
- Can be fully bypassed. The off-state output modes are user selectable(buffered with preamp active, or fully bypassed).
- User selectable max delay time (650ms, 1sec, 2sec).
User selectable expression pedal functions in the Sound on Sound looper mode (playback volume, playback speed, or loop degradation).
- Independent control of reverb parameters via MIDI (mix, decay time, tone).
- Over 2X higher headroom before clipping.
- Even lower overall noise floor.
Other Features include:
- Analog FET input preamp gain stage, with level adjustable from zero up to +11dB by the GAINknob.
- Super high quality 24bit/96kHz audio digital audio in the effects path.
- Up to 2 seconds max delay time.
- Sound on Sound (SOS) looper mode, with loops of up to 40 seconds.
- Toggle switches change the SOS loop playback speed and direction (1/2, normal, 2X speeds, and backward or forward playback).
- Separate WET/DRY outputs for use with dual amp setups or other non-conventional signal routing.
- The dry signal can be switched off on the wet output for pure WET/DRY outputs (internal switch).
- 3 (or up to 64 accessible by MIDI) Fully programmable presets, with seamless switching between them.
- Expression pedal support, allowing full control of any set of controls over any desired range on each preset.
- Tap tempo with selectable subdivisions (eighth note, quarter note, and dotted eighth note subdivisions).
- Tap tempo hold function ramps up into temporary self-oscillation.
- TRAILS toggle switch to control whether trailing effects are heard after the unit is switched off.
- Buffered outputs, capable of easily driving amps with clarity, even through long cables or into Lo-Z inputs.
- Motorized delay slide control to set the delay time, similar to a tape write head position lever found on some vintage tape delay units.
- 6 effect control knobs: echo VOLUME, REPEATS, TONE, WARP, REVERB, and a Gecko Pedals original effect: SHIFT.
- LED level meter bar with peak indicator (6 LEDs).
Other nerdy bragging rights:
- A preposterously powerful ARM Cortex M7 core handles the DSP heavy lifting.
- The enclosure is powder coated and artwork is printed with epoxy ink for ultimate finish durability.
- Gold-plated contacts on the circuit board (ENIG finish).
- Real genuine Davies Molding knobs, made in Chicago, USA
- Real genuine Hammond Manufacturing all metal enclosure.
- Only polyester film and ceramic capacitors are used throughout. No electrolytic or tantalum capacitors to worry about drying up or otherwise failing.
- Polyester film capacitors are used exclusively in the audio signal path.
- Silicone wire cable assemblies are used for all peripheral circuit board connections.
Weight and Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 7.4 in W x 4.72 in D x 4.75 in H (188 mm W x 120 mm D x 60 mm H)
- Box Dimensions: 9 in W x 6.25 in D x 3.625 in H (228 mm W x 159 D x 92 mm H)
- Weight Without Box: 27 oz (765 g)
- Weight With Box: 32 oz (907 g)